UNITAR for UN Volunteers
UNITAR courses for UN Volunteers
UN Volunteers can access self-paced, innovative courses on the UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) webpage. These courses provide more in-depth insights and advanced knowledge to develop key competencies in conflict, peace, and security.
By registering for UNITAR, you commit to actively participating in course activities as well as completing online assessments on time.
- A variety of courses are available for our volunteers, ranging from conflict prevention to child soldiers to civilian protection capacities.
- The 12 listed e-course are only available free of cost to UN Volunteers, UNV does not cover any other courses.
- Courses are ongoing; you may register for only one course at a time and learn at your own pace.
- Upon successful completion of the first course, you may register for a second one.
- Update information through "My Profile" at VMAM on course completed under "Other Qualifications, short courses and trainings" and keep certificate for your record.
Courses customized to the United Nations context
UNITAR courses are designed with UN expertise, focusing on cutting edge issues and current practices. They align with the Lifelong Learning approach and stress the workplace as the main learning environment.
Help desk Support
Contact the UNITAR, Division for Peace, at email@example.com for technical or programme-related issues.
Learning webinar for UN Volunteers
Join the series of learning webinars hosted in partnership with UNITAR. These are organized around specific learning objectives which are relevant for volunteers. Through an interactive approach, these aim to facilitate transfer of knowledge and skills by drawing on good practices and experience sharing with experts and volunteers. Watch below the past sessions:
How to acquire transferable knowledge and skills needed for UN Volunteers’ work in peace and security?
Women's leadership in pandemic/humanitarian crisis preparedness and response
Working for peace and development in turbulent times: Which skill sets will help you make a difference?
Gender and Sustainable Peace and Development - UNITAR x UNV Open Online Summit Series