Dear UN Volunteer,
As a UN Volunteer you get free access to a range of learning programmes offered by UNV to support your professional and personal development during your assignment, including the UNV corporate LinkedIn Learning platform. Many of you have already actively made use of this quick and easy go-to resource providing you with curated quality content.
New enrollment procedure effective immediately!
Given the great feedback we received from you about the usefulness of this tool, we have further facilitated your access to the platform, to make sure nobody misses out! This is to share the new and fully automated enrollment procedure, that will provide you with on-demand access upon just one click from you!
Am I eligible?
Currently serving UN Volunteers are eligible and will see the LinkedIn Learning request button on their action tab in VMAM as described below.
How do I access LinkedIn Learning?
To request access for LinkedIn Learning, go to your “My Page” on VMAM, select “LinkedIn Learning access” from the dropdown menu on “Action” tab and click on “Perform”.
- The system will automatically assign a license and you will receive an email notification directly from LinkedIn Learning (Subject: Your organization has invited you to use LinkedIn Learning) inviting you to activate your account.
- To access, open the email and click the “Activate LinkedIn Learning” button. You’ll be taken to LinkedIn Learning, where you can view thousands of courses on business, tech, and creative topics. Kindly make sure to check your spam folder in case the automated message gets detected as spam.
- In case there is no license available, you will be assigned the next free license automatically – please be patient.
Connect personal LinkedIn profile with organizational UNV LinkedIn Learning account:
To connect your personal LinkedIn profile to the corporate UNV LinkedIn Learning account, please chose the option “Connect my LinkedIn account” provided in the notification. This would enable you to access LinkedIn Learning directly from your personal LinkedIn account using the same log-in credentials. Connecting both accounts gives you the advantage of maintaining your learning history and certificates of completion from LinkedIn Learning in your personal LinkedIn profile beyond the expiry of your UN Volunteer assignment contract date. If you wish to maintain separate accounts, you may continue by choosing “Continue without LinkedIn”.
In case you face LinkedIn Learning platform related issues, kindly raise a ticket with the LinkedIn clientsupport: https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning
Learn anytime, from anywhere
To use LinkedIn Learning on your mobile device, kindly download the app from your App store or google play store, and log in with your credentials.
From your mobile app, you also have to possibility to download courses and learning videos, and view them later offline. Click here for more information.
Document your learning progress with certificates of completion
Most LinkedIn Learning courses offer a Certificates of Completion. They're a great way to document the progress you've made, and can be used with clients, employers, colleagues, and friends to share more about your professional education, skills, and interests. Read more about how to obtain and download certificates here. If you did not connect your UNV LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile, please make sure to download and save your certificates to your private device.
Have questions? Find answers! LinkedIn Learning provides several support options for learners.
- LinkedIn Learning Support Options for Learners: help centre article for Learner support.
- LinkedIn Learning Help Center: Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese at https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning
- In case you face LinkedIn Learning platform related issues, kindly raise a ticket with the LinkedIn client support: https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning
UNV Capacity Development Team