New Training Programme on Justice Sector Reform: Applying Human Rights Based Approaches - 24 - 28 June 2019, Ireland
kindly take note of the opportunity to sign up for a new training programme on the Justice Sector Reform: Applying Human Rights Based Approaches.
Dates: Monday 24th June to Friday 28th June 2019
Venue: National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland
This annual IHRN training programme aims at enhancing the skills of justice sector personnel, consultants, managers etc., in applying Human Rights Based Approaches to Justice Sector Reform. The programme is designed for people working in the justice sector (with state or non-state institutions) or undertaking Rule of law/Governance assignments (e.g. UN, EC Framework Contract Lot 7 - Governance and Home Affairs) as well as justice sector personnel wishing to adapt their expertise for international consultancy work.
Knowledge and skills enhanced include:
• The legal principles, policies & practice underpinning human rights based approaches to justice sector reform
• The inter-linkages between justice sector roles (law enforcement, judiciary, corrections/rehabilitation, etc.)
• The relationship between the justice sector and related terms; 'security sector', 'rule of law', 'good governance'
• Human Rights Based needs assessment, programme design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation
• Programming tools & checklists (including benchmarks & indicators of human rights change)
• Case studies from national contexts as well as international field missions (including conflict and post-conflict)
• Teamwork, advocacy, strategic partnerships and international work opportunities in the sector
International Human Rights Network Scholarship
For details of the criteria and application process for an IHRN Scholarship for this programme in 2019 kindly check the attached document. Please note that applications are processed on an on-going basis, so the earlier an application is received the better. The latest deadline for receiving completed scholarship applications for this programme is 29th March 2019.
Further information, application details, testimonials etc. can be found at the following link: Justice Sector Reform: Applying Human Rights Based Approaches