Site news

30 June 3pm ET: Facebook live Q&A for Coursera course particpants "The Science of Well-Being" with Yale psychology professor

30 June 3pm ET: Facebook live Q&A for Coursera course particpants "The Science of Well-Being" with Yale psychology professor

de Sarah Stern -
Número de respuestas: 0

Dear Volunteers,

for those of you, who enrolled to the Coursera course "The Science of Well-being", kindly take note of the opportunity to participate today in a Facebook live Q&A session with Stanford Professor Dr. Jamil Zaki, moderated by Yale University Professor of Psychology Dr. Laurie Santos. 

Dates: Tuesday 30th June, 2020

Time: 3pm ET / 9pm CET

Event link : Happiness Lab Classroom

Description:

"The events of the past four months have left many of us struggling. From the fear and uncertainty that many of us have experienced due to COVID-19 to the anger and frustration that comes with coming face-to-face with the legacy of anti-Black racism. It’s been a really, really tough few months. And I’m so happy that so many of you are focusing on your own well-being to make it through this challenging summer. Science really does have strategies all of us can use to get through hard times.

In order to help give you the most tools I can, I’m teaming up with my friend and colleague Dr. Jamil Zaki to answer all your questions. We’ll be doing a Facebook Live in our Happiness Lab Classroom on Tuesday, June 30th at 3 pm ET. Jamil is a professor of psychology at Stanford University and the director of the Stanford Social Neuroscience Laboratory.  He’s also an expert in how we can use empathy to improve our well-being, which is something we all need right now. But we won’t just be focused on empathy— we’ll be talking about how current affairs are impacting our happiness and will be there to take your questions live.  I hope you’ll join us or watch the video afterwards."

Happy learning!